Monday, June 17, 2013

Over view of Ohio-Alex Marsh

Today was a terrific day in the life of an Experiencer, woke up in our host homes after a great, fun filled night, (mine was actually filled with horror movies because of the group I was with...). Got to the bus at 8:45 and got to go to the zoo, between the tigers, lions, bears, flamingos, and every other animal under the sun, there was to many memories being made. The photo taking, jokes, stories and experiences made the zoo all the better! Me and Cooper Luce took a photo with a man who had the coolest beard I have ever seen!! It curled back up and formed a loop on each side of  his jaw! Yes it was awkward to ask to take a picture with him, but was it worth it??? You better believe it!!! Then after the zoo we all piled back on to the bus and went to our next stop at the retirement center. I didn't have a job to do today since it was outside. The sun did my job for me lighting the choir. I was running water to the choir when they needed it because it was hot and they were singing right in the sun. When I noticed that the water wasnt cutting it, I decided to put on a show for the choir as they performed to the audience. I sang and danced and just acted foolish in hopes of keeping their minds off the heat and exaustion. After the show many people said that it did help, and that after I started dancing, it might as have been a mild spring day! The most awesome part of my day was after the show, we were able to sit down and talk to the folks who resided at the complex. They were so grateful for us coming and we were so happy to be there. I am not sure if thier happiness came from a change up in thier schedule or if they just really enjoyed the show, but if I had to bet on one, I would go all in on the fact that they just genuinely enjoyed the show. After I spent almost 30 minutes talking to a lady who was 102!!!! I can't imagine what stories she could tell if we could talk for longer. In the 30 minutes I had with her, I was blown away by what she had seen in her life time! After we packed up our buses and were on the road, we stopped at an amazing mall. This place was huge! I was with Nicole Luce and we started out by going to build a bear work shop and I got her a blue bear with hearts on it as a graduation present. She named it Alicia, wether that was a good name for a bear, I'm still debating, but she loved it so I will say it was a great name. Next we went to five guys and got us some burgers and fries and absolutely devoured them! Then I procced to get dragged through forever 21, Delia's, and H&M.... The entire time I was asking Nicole where the fishing poles, tents, and manly stuff was....it was a little humiliating, not going to lie. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT MUCH CLOTHING IN MY LIFE!! After spending a short hour and a half at the mall we left for our hotel. Not even 5 minutes after getting to our rooms were we all in the pool and hot tub! This hotel so sweet! In the lobby they have FREE POPCORN AND SODA!!!like what hotel does that?!?!? THIS ONE DOES!!! Now it's beddie bye time and I'm sharing a bed with Matthew and in the other is Chris and Addison, the perfect way to finish off the perfect day! Gotta wake up early tomorrow to go hit up Cedar Fair and ride SO MANY ROLLER COASTERS!!! It's going to be an awesome day no matter what. Until next time, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment