Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Experience Tour from the Eyes of a Freshman: Kaelin Hansen

This is my first tour. It is one of the most exciting and blessed things I have ever done. Being able to tell the story of God's love in a fun and contemporary way is a new and interesting adventure. This is the first time I have actually professed my faith and what God means to me publically. Doing it now makes me eager to go home and spread the Word. The shows are somewhat hectic what with all the kids moving around and unloading the buses and setting up and then tearing down and reloading the buses but its all part of the experience and I love it! The fun outings such as Cedar Point and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are exciting and amazing. I love being able to go places that I have never been before. I just recently got into roller coasters so Cedar Point was fabulous for me. hanging out with a group that I feel safe with was an awesome feeling. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was so epic!!! I love all the old types music and getting to see some of my favorite bands and singers was such a unique experience. My favorite part of the Hall of Fame was the wall dedicated to The Beatles! John Lennon's piano was beautiful and I know the rest of the group enjoyed seeing some of their favorite bands and maybe getting to know or checking out some new bands. Overall the tour has been unique and I feel special to be with this group of kids on this trip. I did get homesick a few days ago but I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Staying in host homes is new and exciting. All the homes I've stayed in were fabulous and cool. I know some of the houses were a little less than what we expected but the families were super nice and welcoming. The hotels were new as well. I've stayed in them before but never with a group this big or this close-knit. I enjoyed staying with girls I didn't know as well and getting to know and love them. I honestly feel as if I am the most blessed person on the face of the planet all thanks to this tour and this group of kids and adults!!!

God bless you all!!

Kaelin

No comments:

Post a Comment